Sunday, August 30, 2009

unpack the box in the closet

...I think summer is over!!! Super pumped!

The weather today is absolutely beautiful. It is about 60 degrees and I got to wear a light sweater all day. Yes, I will miss flip flops; however, to be perfectly honest I still wear them until it is in the 50's.

I know I am in the minority when I say this, but I love the fall and winter in Chicago. It is one of my absolute all-time favorite things. I like layering. I love scarves and gloves. I like wearing my Uggs and having snow in my hair when I walk inside. I love walking down the sidewalk when it is snowing and everything is covered because it hasn't been plowed yet. I want to check my coat at a bar. I can't wait to hold a hot drink with both hands. I want to say, "Burrrr," when I walk outside. I can't wait to snuggle and have to use two comforters on my bed. Hell, I even want to slip and almost fall on the ice because that just means that it is my favorite time of year.

So, take a deep breath summer lovers. Suck it all in...This might be the last of your beloved warm weather (fingers crossed).






Hello Chicago cold weather, I've missed you!

xoxo,
emily

No comments: