Friday, October 2, 2009

Again with F*cking Disney stuff...

I just got off of the phone with my little brother. He called because I emailed him this video. You see, after I wrote my last post with this video linked I became nostalgic and started watching other videos. Twenty minutes later after singing along I had this out of body experience where I saw myself watching effing Disney videos on youtube at about 1AM...I wanted to hide from myself because it was that embarrassing.

Anyway, I sent my brother the video (linked above) because he was this huge Lion King fan when he was little. He would bring all of his stuffed animals into the living room and blast the soundtrack. It always ended up with him hobbling around and triumphantly holding his Winnie the Poo stuffed animal up in the air (a la Rafiki and Simba).


Oh, he would also sit at his little plastic piano and pretend to be Elton John as he would sign along to Can You Feel the Love Tonight.

As a twelve year old, I didn't find this cute. As an almost twenty-eight year old (yes, my birthday is one week from today even though I am sure you already know that because it is on your calendar and you have a countdown just like I do), I think it is adorable and it makes me miss my brother.

This brings us to today. He called to say he got my email and it made him laugh. He asked what I was doing and why this even crossed my mind. I explained the whole Little Mermaid link from my last post and he started laughing. He then busted out, "Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat? Wouldn't ya think my collections complete?" He laughed. I laughed. And then I said, "Wouldn't ya think I'm a girl, a girl who has everything." He again laughed, as did I. Then he says, "I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty." To which I joined in, "I've got whozits and whatzits galore. You want thingamabobs, I've got twenty." Five minutes later finishing the song off...we officially became losers.

This, right here, is why I need a job.

8 comments:

emily said...

thank you. i the only thing that would have made that phone call better is if i had it recorded and could post the audio. i love that my little hipster brother was singing little mermaid on his way to work.

Wordy Girl said...

I LOVE DISNEY! even now!

Amandasaurus said...

Hahaha my roomies and I love watching Disney movies! We watched Beauty and the Beast last night and are going to watch Aladdin soon. And we're going to dress up as Disney villains for Halloween.

Translation: You have nothing to be ashamed of, singing on the phone with your brother in the privacy of your home.

Sami said...

Oh good gravy, I LOVE!!!!! the Lion King! (Heck, my Twitter name is Mufasa!) There is just something so feel-good about belting out awesome Disney songs that can't be compared! :) SING IT, girl!

Alyssa said...

there is nothing wrong with a bit of 1am disney youtubeing :)
That thing is addictive, it just links and links and soon its 4 hours and you are watching peoples reenactments of disney movies!

Organic Meatbag said...

didn't that baboon carry a staff that actually looks like a set of testicles???

emily said...

okay, i everyone is making me feel a lot better. who knew so many people bust out with a disney song all the time?

p.s. i totally downloaded the song on iTunes. that might be crossing the loser line.

Dave "Loose Cannon" Wills said...

Lion King is the best movie of all time...of ALL TIME!

Lol.