Friday, May 14, 2010

crazy loves to party

At about 11 o'clock this morning, I was riding a nearly empty bus downtown on my way to run some errands. I was settled in to my favorite seat on the bus (yes, I have favorites...don't judge) and was enjoying my Starbucks coffee and the peace of the quiet bus....when the doors opened at the next stop.

In busts a woman who loudly announces, "Let's get this party started!" She continues down the aisle dancing the whole way. She stopped a few times, stepped back, and continued on dancing. "Parrrrrrtyyyyy!" she sang. Awesome right? But wait, it gets more awesome. She chooses the seat directly next to me (despite the fact that there were only about five other riders and a plethora of open seats) and instructs me to dance, "walk it out," and "shake that body." While I appreciated her enthusiasm, I don't think that 11:00am or the 145 is the time or place to "get the party started."

So, sadly, her efforts were in vein. The party never got started; however, there is always tomorrow...or the next bus.

3 comments:

Deepika said...

lol.. something similar happened to me but in a flight.. i was taking.. this lady was going to her wedding party.. so she wanted everyone in the flight to party.. coz she's getting married..

Amandasaurus said...

You should set her up with the Six Flags bus guy.

emily said...

She was something. I can understand wanting to party if you are getting married...but she was headed to the hospital. At least, that is what she shared with me.