Saturday, February 6, 2010

square state

So, my bestest bestest friend is in town. We are two wild girls let me tell you. We are sitting in my bed drinking coffee and looking at my google analytics for this blog. I went to the map overlay from the day I started writing until today. Let me tell you I was a little too excited. Cambodia? Thank you for spending 20 minutes here! Sri Lanka? Slovenia? Wow. But, let's talk about you America...


I was looking at the US map and I have to say that I was excited- 45 states. But, why do you not like me: Maine, North Dakota, South Dakota, New Mexico, and square state that is not Colorado? That's right, I said other square state. My friend laughed, but then said she didn't know what state it was. There we sat for a good three minutes trying to figure it out. We are very intelligent I'd like to say, but geography apparently is not our forte.

We eventually figured it out. So, I'm looking at you Wyoming. Start reading. Please.

Thank you.

(P.S. As I read this to her before hitting publish she said, "Wait, is Colorado square?" I hesitated, looked at the map and said, "Yes, of course it is.")

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

come on girls, what else would wy stand for lol... though i only know wyoming exists from watching drop dead gorgeous one too many times!

sandyb said...

this post is adorable. it's great to connect with people from all over the world, isn't it? a real, open conversation... wonderful, really.

i haven't mastered g-analytics yet... i miss my old, boring stats! although i try not to focus on them and just keep posting, posting, posting (although it's always fun to see where your stories have landed!)

Amandasaurus said...

Nobody lives in the Dakotas. They don't count as non-readers. As for that Other Square State, I'll bet if you asked real nice, Old Faithful would read your blog.

rachaelgking said...

Okay, I had to look at mine. Montana is leaving me high and dry. WTF, Treasure State??

(Yes, I had to google that.)

Unknown said...

Well hello from England. We're definitely not square; we're very small and sort of pointy. And lumpy.