Friday, September 25, 2009

vodka, sprite, and a splash of irony

I went to a charity event this evening. It was hosted by the agency I used to work for. The agency that just laid me off. (There is a little more to the story, but who really cares about details?)

All night (as I enjoyed the open bar) I kept giggling to myself thinking how funny it would be to go up to other attendees with tears in my eyes and say, "I hope they make enough money tonight for me to get my job back," and then walk away.

3 comments:

Amandasaurus said...

Hahaha you should have. With your free beverages in hand. Crocodile tears would be a must, of course.

emily said...

My very dear friend who was hosting the benefit would have probably killed me at that point.

annelise said...

hey! found your through 20sb. this would have been amazing!