Tuesday, September 1, 2009

being horizontal

So, I've been having trouble sleeping. Or, I've been having trouble going to sleep. And, in bed before 1am? Never happens. This is nothing that is a secret. I've blogged about it. And, if you are paying attention to the time stamps you are well aware of this anyway.

I talked to my doctor about it. He gave me this sleep program to follow to retrain myself. Basically, I need to pick a minimum sleep threshold and a time I want to wake up at. I can only be in bed for the minimum sleep threshold. so, if i want to sleep eight hours and wake up at 8am i am to get in bed at midnight. No matter how long it takes me to fall asleep I am suppose to get up at 8am. Eventually (or so he says) this will retrain me and put me back on a schedule. But, he strictly said, "You can not be horizontal for any other time during the day. No naps whatsoever."



I shared this with my mom. She responded, "What if you go on a date and want to have sex?"

"Ummmmm, ooookay. We're just going to pretend you didn't say that."

(The truth is though that I've made this same comment to most of my friends when discussing said sleep plan. I just don't need my mom to go there.)

7 comments:

DreamTNM said...

Found your blog on 20sb. Great blog!

I would be the same with my mom, some topics we do not need to discuss with mom ahaah.

Anonymous said...

Moms + sex = trauma. Back away.

Sami said...

Oh yuck, sleeping problems are the bummer. I hate laying in bed and knowing I have to get up in 8 ... 7 ... 6 hours, but not being able to fall asleep properly!

Found you via 20SB BTW, and I'm liking your blog! :)

Valerie said...

Hello! Just discovered your blog through 20sb. Welcome on board by the way!

I can't believe your mother said that haha
Try and milk & honey to sleep. It always worked for me :)

My name is Valerie by the way and I am working as an intern for a website named HerFuture.com and basically it's a wonderful tool to create connections and mentoring relationships with other likeminded women. It's just very inspiring and I met amazing people there! I think you might be interested in checking it out. There are many groups called Power Posses for all type of subjects including health, career opportunities, self growth …etc. Members share their goals and desires, and are encouraged to reach out for advice. It is really a wonderful place and there is such a great positive energy out there. It’s so regenerative!

If you have any questions about it, I'd be more than happy to answer it :)

Anyway, I'm on the website if you decide to create a profile, so don't hesitate to add me and I could introduce you to some other people depending on what you’re looking for.

Mademoiselle Deva said...

hahaha too funny! I bet my mum would say the same thing!

Dishwasher Wife said...

Two things help me fall asleep: warm milk with a drop of vanilla, or chamomile tea.

Found your blog on 20sb. Love it! Best of luck. Keep us updated.

Dave "Loose Cannon" Wills said...

I found you on 20sb btw. Good writing!

And the mom question is awkward. Really. Lol.